以上各短语均含开始睡着之义。 These words all mean to start to sleep.
指入睡,有时指无意之中或在不适当的场合睡着: to start to sleep, sometimes when you do not intend to or in a situation that is not appropriate
When she finally fell asleep, she began to dream. 她终于睡着了,并开始做梦。
I pinched myself to stop myself from falling asleep. 我掐自己以防自己睡着。
指入睡,尤指有意想睡着: to start to sleep, especially when you intend to
I shut my eyes and tried to go to sleep. 我闭上了眼睛想睡。
He woke for a moment and then went to sleep again. 他醒了一会儿,然后又睡了。
指开始入睡,尤指经过很长时间或很难才睡着: to start sleeping, especially after a long time or when this is difficult
He took a long time getting to sleep that night. 他那天晚上过了好长时间才睡着。
指睡着,尤指渐渐地入睡: to fall asleep, especially gradually
I must have drifted off, because when I woke we were nearly home. 我一定是睡着了,因为我醒来时我们已快到家了。
指睡着了一会儿,尤指坐着或在不该睡觉时打瞌睡: ( informal ) to fall asleep for a short time, especially when you are sitting down and when you are not supposed to be sleeping
I was practically nodding off in that meeting. 我在那次会议上差点睡着了。
指打盹儿、小睡: ( BrE informal ) to start sleeping lightly
I dropped off and missed the end of the film. 我打了个盹儿,错过了影片的结尾。
The judge appeared to nod off yesterday while a witness was being cross-examined 昨天一名证人接受盘问时,法官好像在打盹。
He was nodding off to sleep in an armchair. 他坐在扶手椅上打盹,睡着了。
Don't let yon dog nod off. 不要让那条狗打盹。
Land of nod US presidents have a long history of nodding off at inappropriate times. 美国历届总统们有着在不合适场合打瞌睡的“传统”。
So even if you nod off ( in front of the TV, for example), you probably wont stay asleep for long. 所以即使你打盹了(比如在电视机前),你很可能也睡不了多久。
The results found Chinese travellers are most likely to nod off once the seatbelt sign switches off. 调查结果发现,一旦系紧安全带指示灯熄灭,中国人是最有可能小憩打盹的旅客。
I nod off, I wake up in strange places. I have no idea how I got there. 我常打盹,醒的时候却在不同的地方,我完全不知道是怎么到那的。
Among them, a user could nod to turn the glasses on or off. 比如,用户可以用点头的方式开启或关闭眼镜。
Doesn't nod off to sleep when I'm benting; 我在兴头上时不要打盹;
I always nod off during his lectures. 我总是在他演讲时睡着。
When I was about to nod off in the office, the boss walked in. 我在办公室刚刚欲睡,老板走了进来。
By learning from patients who nod off unexpectedly during the day, researchers have pinpointed a chemical that could help people who can't sleep at night. 通过对白日发作性睡眠患者的研究,研究人员指出一种化学物质将对夜间失眠患者有帮助。
I'm so tired, I'm about to nod off! 我好累啊,我几乎睡着了!
This is a meeting, you will probably nod off a little. 虽然是开会,你们也会打一会儿盹儿吧。
He used to nod off during the French class. 他以前总是在法语课上打瞌睡。
They last sit and chat to each other, or nod off. 他们就坐在那里相互攀谈,或者打盹。
When people do nod off, 1/ 3 dream about their jobs at least twice a week-with Sunday being the most common night for office imaginings. 而就算睡着了,也有1/3的人会在一周内至少两次梦到自己的工作,尤其在周日晚上。
There is wedding Betting: you can have a flutter on whether Harry will drop the ring during the service ( 24/ 1), or whether Prince Philip, who is nearly 90, will nod off during the service ( 8/ 1). 也有婚礼押注:你可以在以下情况中选择:婚礼上哈利王子会不会丢失戒指(24/1),将近90高龄的菲利普亲王是否会在婚礼上打盹儿(8/1)。
He's so dull, it makes me nod off. 他是那么的乏味,让我犯困。
With a brief nod he was off across the road, swinging his camera as he went. 说完,他点一下头,晃着他的快照镜箱穿过马路去了。
Japanese who watched footage of their former finance minister slur his words and appear to nod off at a Group of Seven press conference can now try to keep him awake in a new cell phone game. 日本前财务大臣在不久前七国集团会议的一个新闻发布会上昏昏欲睡、语无伦次,看过他这段录像的日本人现在可以在一款新的手机游戏中让他保持清醒了。
A chronic lack of sleep may cause far more serious problems than a tendency to nod off the next day, researchers warn. 科学家警告说,长期睡眠不足可导致的问题也许会比白天老打瞌睡更严重。
I was about to nod off when she knocked the door. 我正要睡着,就在那个时候他敲门了。
Studies have indicated the scent may help people nod off faster than they normally would, and get them into the REM, or dream state, more quickly. 研究表明香气能使人们比正常状况下更快地有困意,更快地进入快速眼动或做梦状态。
Most of them go to sleep easily and wake up occasionally at night. 72.2% of them often take a nap after lunch and sleep in good condition. During the daytime, they do not nod off obviously and have a good state of mind. 老人们大多容易入睡,夜间偶有苏醒现象,72.2%的老人有午休的习惯,总体睡眠状况良好,白天无明显思睡现象,精神状态好。